The Reach Centre provides a safe, structured environment in a non-residential setting for youth who have completed a treatment program and are in recovery from addiction. Reach assists youth in the identification and development of transferable skills related to employment while providing support and guidance with recovery through life skills, coaching, and motivation to build confidence and self-esteem. We provide a healthy and therapeutic learning and healing environment for both youth and their family members, while promoting addiction and mental health education and awareness in the community.
The Centre is also open to members that would like to drop-in during the day to discuss any number of issues with the on-staff Youth Addiction Worker, to work on resume writing, post-secondary school applications, budgeting, etc. or to just hang out in a recovery-oriented, safe place!
- To have a community-driven Reach Centre that’s multifaceted and stigma-free. A place where youth are welcome and valued as are our number one priority.
- Welcoming youth and/or young adults between the ages of 15-30 who are in recovery for addiction and/or mental health issues.
- To eventually have the resources to help all Island youth throughout the province.
- To provide sessions with skilled instructors, giving multiple opportunities to our youth through our work experience program.
- Host guest speakers, education programs, workshops, fundraisers, jam sessions, fitness, recreational activities, art projects, etc.
- Offering use of our seminar room, work space, band practice and games room.
- Operating a youth led business that ensures fiscal sustainability via our Social Enterprise.
Our Mission Statement
The Reach Foundation stands by PEI's youth and their families dealing with addictions and mental health issues. Our mission is to provide these youth with long term support in transitioning from addiction, to recovery, and integration back into the community while empowering them to pursue employment and continue their education.